We are always seeking interns to help help us out in the office and provide opportunities for young people to expand their knowledge of the publishing industry.
Our interns assist in all aspects of a small publishing house including manuscript evaluation, editorial, marketing, sales, inventory management, and administration.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reading and critiquing manuscript and art submissions
- Editing manuscript in production and marketing materials
- Supporting the launch of new titles
- Assisting with arranging author appearances and events
- Supporting trade show endeavors
- Maintaining various media, customer and other lists
- Researching new media and sales outlets
- Customer follow up and sales
- Packing orders
- Helping support the work of the office
We mentor 2-4 interns in all aspects of the publishing business each semester and during the summer. Interns are expected to work 12-20 hrs/wk during the semester and 20-30 hrs/wk during the summer. Our internships are unpaid, but we do reimburse local travel expenses up to $7.00/day.
We are located in Washington, DC, near the U.S. Capitol (at the Eastern Market Metro stop).
To apply, send a resume, writing sample, 2 references and availability to: