Customize the PowerPoint Presentations
Adapt it to meet your needs!
Ask us for the password to create the perfect PowerPoint presentations for your institution
Site Licenses Now Available!
Use these PowerPoints throughout your institution for physician and staff breastfeeding education.
Contact us to discuss your institution’s plans to increase breastfeeding training
Want Continuing Education Credits?
Groups who use the CDs for training have had little trouble qualifying. Individuals and/or institutions are responsible for submitting a request for credits to their institutional CME department, their state professional association, or other institutions that provide them.
The CE application involves submitting the course online, learning objectives. citations, bibliography and post-test questions. All of these are provided on the CDs.
Click here to learn more about receiving Continuing Education credits when using this product.
Are you a healthcare professional, hospital, birthing center, health department, WIC Program, MCH Foundation, government agency, or a community organization committed to increasing physician and staff breastfeeding education?
Are you participating in the National Initiative for Children’s Healthcare Quality (NIHCQ)
If so, Increasing Breastfeeding Success is the perfect tool for staff training! It is an evidence-based solid breastfeeding curriculum. Research shows that several specific practices in medical care settings can significantly affect rates of breastfeeding initiation and duration. Make Increasing Breastfeeding Success a key part of your staff education strategy. 30-day review copies are available. Just contact us.
Increasing Breastfeeding Success is a fully customizable, easy-to-use set of CDs that provides health care professionals with all of the resources they need to give 10 separate, PowerPoint presentations on why breastfeeding matters, what the research shows, and what can be done to increase breastfeeding success.
Increasing Breastfeeding Success was created by physicians for physicians! It can also be used by Advanced Practitioners:
- Neonatal nurse practitioners
- Pediatric nurse practitioners
- Women health nurse practitioners
- Nurse midwives
- Physician assistants
Hospital, medical schools and nursing schools all over the country have incorporated Increasing Breastfeeding Success into their curriculum. You should too!
Platypus Media is proud to be the Exclusive North American Distributor of Increasing Breastfeeding Success.
Researched and crafted by leading physicians and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants from Washington State, this program provides all of the resources and accessories necessary to teach 10 attractive, hour-long lectures designed to inform faculty and staff about breastfeeding.
Hospitals, Department of Health, WIC offices, schools of medicines and nursing and public health programs have embraced Increasing Breastfeeding Success DVD as a great resource for physician and staff didactic education requirement. Many of our modules, each a one-hour PowerPoint presentation, correlate directly with the objectives and content for both Baby-Friendly requirements and Ten Step programs.
Table One itemizes how our content matches the education requirements of the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative and of the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding.
What Comes on the 2-CD Set?
• 10 PowerPoint presentations, can be used individually or together
• Detailed notes for the speaker to help with the presentations
• Presentation handouts
• Presentation outlines
• Learning objectives
• Questions for discussion
• Enriching handouts from relevant outside sources
• Participant evaluations
• A poster to advertise your lecture
• Guidelines for organizing a group presentation
• Suggestions for training staff
• Ideas for obtaining lactation experience
• Immunology of Human Lactation
• Controversies in Parenting Advice: Breastfeeding, Sleep, and Pacifiers
• How to Increase Breastfeeding Success: What the Research Shows
• Multicultural Aspects of Breastfeeding
• Breast Pain in Lactation
• Low Weight Gain in the Breastfed Infant: Is it Intake or Supply
• Blood Glucose in the Breastfed Neonate
• Breastfeeding the Late Pre-Term and “Supposedly Term” Infant
• A Closer Look at Latch and its Impact on Breastfeeding
• Medications and Breastfeeding
Here are some links to learn more about this fabulous set of presentations!
- Detailed descriptions of each presentation topic
- A Guide for Presenters and Organizers
- A list of Acknowledgments for the writers of the presentations
- Sample Screens if you would like to see the layout of the PowerPoints and the level of detail that the notes on each slide provide for the presenter.
Full set: $19.95 (package includes 2 CDs in a 10 × 6" case)